Thank you for hitting up the F.A.Q page before asking your question!
- IT TAKES AT LEAST 48 HOURS FOR US TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!
- IF YOU ASK A QUESTION THAT IS ON THE FAQ IT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED
- WE CAN NOT ANSWER FAN MAIL.
Please do not send a question in through the FAN MAIL option, we can’t reply to it and there are too many question to go around SEND IT AS AN ASK OR IT WILL BE DELETED!
- WE DO NOT RESPOND TO CO SPLAY SUGGESTIONS.
Thank you guys so much for thinking about us and considering us for your favorite characters or OTPS or just characters you think fit us! Its flattering and amazing. BUT at the end of the day, we cosplay character we love and attach to personally. So if we do end up doing that suggestion, it will be on our own terms.
- WE DO NOT RESPOND TO CONVENTION SUGGESTIONS!
We would love to go to ALL the conventions near you and be there! But we unfortunately can’t afford traveling that much. We pick and choose what conventions to go to and you can see which ones are PLANNED here.
- QUESTIONS ASKED ANONYMOUSLY TAKE LONGER TO GET AN ANSWER.
We have nothing against anon questions — but we get so many that answering them floods our dashboard. So its easier and much faster for us to answer questions privately to usernames. Anon’s have to wait to be answered or will be answered in a grouped post.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why do you guys have tons of asks about cosplay advice?
It just kind of happened that way! When we started our tumblr, we never promoted being a ‘Cosplay Help’ blog. And we still don’t exactly advertise that. We just began to have a few people asking how we made stuff, or how we would make something they needed help with. Sheila has always been excited and willing to help out and then it snow balled into what you see today.
2. Can you tag your asks so I can Tumblr Savior them?
YES. Add the word ‘AiAsk' to your blacklist. We add this improvised 'tag' at the end of each answer. This should effectively filter our asks. THIS FILTERS OUT ALL OUR ASK QUESTIONS EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT ADVICE QUESTIONS.
3. My question wasn’t answered! What happened!?
A few things may be the cause. You may have asked a question that is here on the FAQ. Or perhaps you asked a question that was not a question but a simple comment (we do not always answer those.) Has it been 48 hours? It takes at least 48 hours for us to answer every question in the inbox. So please wait until at least this long before sending it again.
If it is none of the above— tumblr has eaten your question! Send it again— we DO NOT delete questions randomly.
4. Where do you get your cosplays?
Unless otherwise stated, Sheila makes all Aicosu’s cosplays.
5. Where do you buy your wigs? What do you recommend?
EVERYWHERE. We buy mostly from various and random ebay sellers (we love ebay) and some other off hand sellers. If you have a specific wig of ours you are wondering about, you may ask us about that specific wig. And if you are looking for a recommendation for a wig, please ask for a recommendation and let us know what character you need the wig for.
6. Where do you buy colored contacts? Where can I buy colored contacts? What if I have a prescription?
We buy from TheDollyEye.com, PinkyParadise.com, and Honeycolor.com for all our favorite contacts and specifically circle lenses. We also recommend youknowit.com, and 1800color.com for more choices. They are all very cheap (20-35 bucks) and ship within 2-3 weeks. They have choices for power if you need a prescription.
7. How did you meet?
We both met at a Ball Masquerade at a local convention. We hit it off and began dating. Sylar expressed his desire to cosplay Lelouch from Code Geass. Sheila helped him achieve that, and became his Shirley Fennette. OTP! <3
8. Can you come to “——-” convention?
Conventions we attend are determined by location and finance. You can find out what conventions we are planning to attend on our website here.
If you want us to attend your local convention and you see that we are not planning too, email your local convention’s programming directer to suggest us as your cosplay guest. We have booking information here that you can send to said programming director!
9. Do you do commissions?
Yes! But currently Sheila is booked INDEFINITELY. We will announce when we are open again.
10. How do I get my eyebrows to match the color of my wig?
Seal your eyebrows with elmers glue first. Just a thin layer to press your eyebrow hair down to your skin. When it dries, color your eyebrows with acrylic or tempura paint (eyeliner or eye shadow colors work great too)! And Ta Da! Colored brows.
Also, if the character you are cosplaying has weirdly shaped brows, or just thin brows, you can put foundation on before the paint to hide the original shape of your eyebrows and then redraw them in the new color.
11. How to you keep your wigs so clean?/How do I untangle my wig?
We use hair detangler to keep our wigs clean, and hairspray to prevent them from getting them tangled. Always use a wig brush and brush from the bottom of the strands, to the roots. Also this tutorial will work wonders on your wigs!
12. How old are you guys?
Sylar is 20 and Sheila is 22.
13. Do you guys diet/work out? How do you stay fit?
We don’t diet, work out, or exercise. We are terrible at being healthy. We love our fast food, our sweets, and playing video games. Though both of us do walk a lot out of necessity.
14. How long have you been dating?
15. What fabric/materials should I use for “——-” cosplay?
Fabric in cosplay is highly interpretive. It’s all about what you think is going to look best. There are no rules in cosplay, especially since your making a costume, not a true piece of fabric for daily wear. So your fabric choices are unlimited. You have to pick out the fabric yourself!
The best thing I can advise with fabric is to print out or bring a lot of reference pictures of your costume with you to the fabric store or to good will or wherever you get your material. Then walk down the aisles and try and match the color as best you can. When you got your color, FEEL the fabric and see if its too heavy or too light for what your making. Do you want shiny fabric? See through fabric? Leather? Rough and heavy for a jacket? Use your best judgement!
16. I’m a beginner cosplayer/this is my first cosplay — what advice can you give me?
17. Where does ‘Aicosu’ come from?
Aicosu comes from a play on Ai (愛) and the ‘Cosu’ of Cosplay (コスプレ). We wanted to play on the fact that we were a couple cosplay team, and also use a name that was catchy and familiar to the cosu- affix that trends in the hobby. So we are literately Aicosu (愛コス). As in Love-Cosplay or Lovers-Cosplay.
18. Is Sylar missing a tooth?
It literally is what it is, there’s not much to explain. Sylar’s missing a tooth because the original tooth was snaggled, rotten and needed a root canal. While his health insurance covered the procedure, it will not cover a replacement because it’s considered cosmetic. And fake teeth are actually pretty expensive. Sometime in the future it will be fixed. :)
19. How did you make _______ costume?
The full details of how we made every single one of our costumes can be found on their own page on our website here!
20. How do you attach your armor? How do you put your armor on your bodysuit/clothing?
I either make elastic/velcro straps to wrap around my limbs (which is attached the the actual pieces withe E600 glue) OR I attach the armor directly to my clothing/bodysuit with E600 glue or vinyl adhesive.
21. What is the best body paint/sealer?
I personally adore Ben Nye’s creme colors & sealer. Apply it with a makeup sponge and dab! Hairspray is also a fantastic sealer if you find yourself without some. It doesn’t sweat off but it will stain clothes and after a long day it can smear (just be sure to bring some with you to reapply.)
22. How did you make Grell’s teeth?
Grell’s teeth were made from shaved down acrylic nails glued to an invisalign retainer. If you don’t have a retainer — you can make a mold of your teeth like this!
- luna-lacrimam likes this
- crystalwolf78 likes this
- infiniteimaginations reblogged this from aicosu
- gothamscraziesunite likes this
- tazzy-thrones likes this
- r-e-m-a-g-i-n-a-r-y likes this
- paulmccharmly98 likes this
- 13akii likes this
- harunashiro likes this
- erilenia likes this
- boogiebunnies likes this
- still-psychotic likes this
- seena-cha-dess likes this
- sakurablizzard likes this
- shibaumino likes this
- psychedelic-defunct likes this
- hiemssurrexit likes this
- pawnawn likes this
- hazardhanners likes this
- theincompetentbutler likes this
- chibi-artist likes this
- pitythelife likes this
- bertolts likes this
- saucypantsu likes this
- segredos-entre-sorrisos likes this
- banjelerp likes this
- fiendish-serenitea likes this
- ukee-chan likes this
- starshine-forever likes this
- flurryofdancingawesome likes this
- snowcloudcapaldi likes this
- secretwaterway likes this
- lovethenightskyy likes this
- upsetyouemma likes this
- torreymcallen likes this
- kigen-naiteiru likes this
- soldierofthecosmos likes this
- dathamster likes this
- f-titzgerald likes this
- emberjams likes this
- kawaii-dildos likes this
- yukihime-audrey likes this
- helenciithafuckyea likes this
- dapperyoungmiss likes this
- boring-reality likes this
- hobo-jellyfish likes this
- sleep-eat-paint-repeat likes this
- shattermysmile likes this
- jollyminh likes this