Best part of a con is hanging out with our friends! Thanks to Maylan for sneaking photos of us all weekend.
Gettin all kinda if heated! #sdcc #cosplay #got #gameofthrones #oberyn #ellaria #noreally #itsreallyhot
Been up for 24 hours—- time for a nap. Where’s Littlefingers brothel when you need it?
#stillworkinit #cosplay #gameofthrones #got #swiggityswooty #waitingforhannibalbooty
We’re here cosplay and fuck bitches…. And we’re all out of cosplay. #cosplay #gameofthrones #got #housemartell #lib
SDCC PACKING AND PREPARATION MASTER LIST!
Yoooo!! You guys have been asking me to do a list of preparations fro SDCC after doing one for Wondercon. So here it is! Everything you should take care of and get ready for the next four days!
Tonight remember to…:
- Take a shower
- TAKE AN AIRBORNE — Do not risk getting CON FLU!
- CHARGE everything!!! Camera/phone/ipad/mp3s…
- Do some last minute laundry
- IRON YOUR CLOTHES/COSPLAY (I always forget to iron my cosplays and regret it when the pictures come back and I’m a wrinkled mess. Do it now so you don’t have to later)
- Check your cosplay contacts - change the solution and make sure they are full.
- Eat a good meal and drink some water. Please. For me.
- Do you need petty cash for the weekend? Make sure to write a little note on your hand to stop by for an ATM (lets not get those fees for having to use a random one at the con — plus LINES)
- Need Gas? Note on hand.
GENERAL PACKING the night before
- Grab your business cards, badge (or printed barcode), wallet, ID, tickets, cash, printed schedule, prints or thing you want SIGNED and but them in a pile by the door. PUT YOUR CAR KEYS ON THIS PILE. You can’t forget it this way (alternatively, put your phone on it.)
- Grab Airborne, asprin, ibuprofen, any prescriptions or emergency medication you may need. You NEVER know when a headache will ruin your day. Bring it.
- I usually pack a bag of food. Cookies, granola bars, some instant ramen and instant mac and cheese (if you have a coffee maker in your room, you can have instant free hot water for quick lunches like this). AND water water water. Food around the con center is usually EXPENSIVE. This will save you time and money. (they charge like 4 bucks for water.)
- Bring clothes of course. But specifically do not forget socks, bedtime clothes, stockings, belts, or swimming clothes.
- HAIR TIES. Yeah I know, I forgot about those too.
- Make sure you have all the shoes you need. The sexy heels, and the good ol’ flats when you get tired of the heels. Also sneakers.
- Contact case & solution
COSPLAY PACKING the night before
- I usually start stacking my Cosplays in folded piles by the door in order of the day I will be wearing them.
- Put costume jewelry,belts,hair accessories, gloves, trinkets, small props, and extra pieces in SANDWICH BAGS and put them on top of the folded costumes they are for.
- WIGS. Pack your wigs in sandwich bags. By the door. Stuff a WIG CAP into EACH BAG so you are guaranteed to have one for each day.
- Pack an extra sandwich bag for Bobby pins, safety pins, a needle and thread, extra thread, FASHION tape, super glue, fabri-tac, hot glue/gun, HAIR TIES (yes again), and anything you may need as back up. Extra sequins, some metallic paint for that prop you are worried about, or etc. This is your REPAIR BAG.
- Rubbing alcohol is great to bring. It removes makeup stains and paint stains from most anything.
- Wig Brush, Wig Detangler, Hairspray, Styling Gel.
- Remember how we packed the costumes by the day you will be wearing them? Now decide what civi-clothes you want to wear on each day afterward. This helps me remember what else I have planned those days. (Like after parties or contests. So now you can have contest entries, party shoes, and etc remembered and taken care of.)
- LIGHTENING COSPLAY MAKEUP CHECKLIST: Foundation, face paint, sponge brushes, powder, makeup sealer, concealer, eyebrow glue, eyebrow colors to match your wig, regular eyebrow pencil, pencil sharpener, eye liner, that other back up eyeliner I know you have, white eyeliner, eye shadow (for each character), WHITE eye shadow, BRUSHES, MASCARA, fake lashes, fake lash glue, lipstick (for each character), chapstick, lip gloss, blush, bronzer, contouring shadow, that weird thing you need for that weird cosplay (a marker or jewel for your forehead or something), CONTACTS and solution, wig glue, wig caps, hair ties, bobby pins. (I said these twice and thats because its important.) Oh and if you are making a fake beard, don’t forget the stuff you use to make it.
- Are you wearing earrings this con? Fake nails? Need Nail glue?
- MAKEUP WIPES. (if you dont have any, get some, they are magic. Also, q-tips)
- COSPLAY SHOES. Each day. Piles by the door. You got it.
- All props/weapons — by the door.
- To the left to the left — everything you need for the con in suitcases to the left by the door.
THE DAY OF (the con or going there)
Don’t forget to..
- Good Morning! EAT SOMETHING NOW.
- Brush your teeth and then pack your toothbrush and tooth paste.
- While your in the bathroom grab your Razor, Shampoo/conditioner/bodywash
- Hair Dryer/Straightener.
- Do your makeup for the day then pack it all up — put it with your cosplay makeup.
- Take everything off the charge and PACK THE CHARGERS
- Camera/Camera battery/SD card
- Everything else should be pre packed from the lists above. Now get it all together! BUT DONT FORGET
- Call your hotel if needed/hotel buddy
- GAS/ATM remember?
- GPS the directions if needed.
- Boarding tickets/pass?
- Badge pickup info?
- Shuttle Info/shecule?
- Now as your leaving, grab that important pile by the door with your keys and ask yourself: “Food? Cosplays? Camera? Phone & Charger? Props? Toothbrush?”
SPECIAL SDCC SPECIFIC TIPS:
- Where are you parking? Parking sucks and is expensive. PLEASE research where the heck you are gonna park. Some garages arent open 24 hrs. Think about thisssssss.
- Check the programming schedule. CHECK THE PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE. Check the schedule. SCHEDULE CHECK.
- Write down the rooms/times of the panels/events you want to go to. MAKE your own schedule. Seriously.
- WHEN IS THAT PANEL YOU MUUSSSTTT GO TO? SDCC is HUGE and overcrowded every year. ALWAYS assume your must-see panel is widely popular and get there 2-3 hours beforehand. That seems extreme — but panel rooms DO NOT CLEAR OUT before the next panel begins. So if you wanna see the Hobbit panel and before it is the Big Bang Theory—- Those Big Bang jerks might sit there and fill the Hobbit room and let no one else in. GET THERE EARLY. Plan on sitting in the panel before yours if you are worried. And if the panel you wanna see is in HALL H: Plan on going the night/day before buddy. And pack a board game, your psp/gameboy and a sleeping bag/blankets.
- PANELS ARE NOT AUTOGRAPH SESSIONS. Panels do not host the autograph session. If you want to meet the guest/celebrity you need to get a ticket or go to a different place than the actual panel. The panel is to watch and listen. Signing and meeting is a different event. Check the schedule to understand where you need to go for what you want to do. Or google it. Companies/studios usually make their own rules. For Legend of Korra — you needed a ticket to get a poster and signing REGARDLESS of whether or not you were at the panel. And in some cases — you need to choose ONLY ONE because you gotta line up for both.
- It’s okay to make a lot of plans and see a lot of things — buts crazy out there so make sure to PICK ONE THING each day that you want to do more than others. Focus on doing that unless it falls through. This will save you from running around wanting to do everything and ending up not doing anything because you missed your chance.
- SHOP EARLY EACH DAY. Exclusives are usually sold with a limited number each day and they always sell out by noon. Get that thing you want ASAP and then be a happy camper all weekend. Check the SDCC website to see what exlusives they have.
- Remember to pick something up before or during the con that you can have signed if you are going to a signing! They don’t always have freebies to give you!
Keep a granola bar and safety pins on you at all times. You never know when you are gonna faint or your cosplay rips or both!
Please eat. Please. Eat. Eat food. No — not just the granola bar I told you about. Food. Twice a day at least. Please. I’m guilty of fainting at a con for doing this and it is stupid and dumb and I worry about you.
Finally — HAVE FUN.
ITS SDCC WOOHOOOO!!!!
We were up late last night finishing up Oberyn and Ellaria!
Oberyn was made from an altered pattern for a bath robe! And we are making Ellaria’s necklace from some buttons and clasps I had and a belt we found.
Ellaria Sand — FINISHED! (except of the tiny black scales I have to draw on all the leather)
I finished this in 4 hours. I think thats a personal record for me! I used NO PATTERNS. I DONT RECOMMEND DOING THIS.
Not pictured: The armbands and necklace. Both are done but I didnt take pictures
I present our Attack on Titan cosplays!!!! Sponsored by Cain & Rin (thanks so much for letting us borrow your gear!)
Cosplay by us! Photos by Eurobeat!
HARGDJBDCN these pictures came out so great and I should wait to post them all but no I will not. BIG THANKS to Cain & Rin for letting us borrow the uniforms and gear!
Cosplay by us! Photos by Eurobeat!
Cosplay by us!
Looking back on my huge hesitations to cosplay Elsa, I’m glad that I did. It may just be Eurobeat’s excellent photography, but pictures like these make me feel good after being so worried!!
Check out all the costumes we wore at Anime Expo this weekend!!! Photos by Eurobeat Kasumi!
Photoshoots & PRINTS coming soon!